Great CIO, is the online community site for members of the World CIO Council with more than 2000 members. It is one of the largest social network of CIO's, IT Leaders and Technology Management in the world.
Great CIO is also the exclusive online platform for the CIO Association of India.
The CIO Association of India is a member-driven, national organization serving CIOs and Heads of IT in India. CAI serves as the leading voice of the Indian CIO with industry, government, media, and others.
100 of the Wisest Sayings.
1. Never take things personally.
2. Never end a relationship by text message
3. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
4. Show up.
5. Always use “we” when referring to your home team or your government.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. Don’t dumb it down.
10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack.
12. Never park in front of a bar.
13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.
14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car and first girl/boyfriend.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. Don’t text and drive.
17. Never lie to your doctor.
18. All guns are loaded.
19. Don’t mention sunburns. Believe me they know.
20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if it's only once.
21. Take a vacation off of your cell phone, internet and TV once a year.
22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good.
23. A handshake beats an autograph.
24. Don’t linger in the doorway. In or out.
25. If you do something, do it with passion or not at all.
26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for caricature.
27. Never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
30. When you’re with new friends, don’t just talk about old friends.
31. Eat lunch with new kids.
32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.
33. It’s never too late for an apology.
34. Don’t pose with booze.
35. If you have the right of way. Take it.
36. You don’t get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she is pregnant.
40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry, live up to it.
41. Don’t make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is the best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in great luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. It’s her special day too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Give your seat up to the elderly.
52. Don’t stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies.You’ll only have to do it once.
55. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when you’re wrong.
57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to swim.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. It’s ok to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.
72. Know the size of your husband’s/wife’s clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Don’t just take your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. Fight for what matters.
77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They are just doing their job.
79. Don’t be the talker in the movie.
80. The opposite sex like people who shower.
81. You are what you do. Not what you say.
82. Learn to change a tire.
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent.
85. Don’t litter
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You won’t always be the strongest or the fastest but you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9 AM or after 9PM.
89. Stay in shape.
90. Make the little things count.
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. You’re never too old to need your mom.
94. Count your blessings.
95. Know the words to your national anthem.
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun than sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers.
98. Make goals.
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.
Bachchan father-son duo have invested their personal money to the tune of $ 2,50,000 in Singapore-based Meridian Tech Pte Limited which runs free cloud storage, e-distribution etc
Many Many Happy Returns of the Day. Happy Birthday Manish Gupta Have a great year ahead. Lots of Best Wishes!
Hello TeamTrying to figure out a Single Sign On Strategy .. Do we procure a solution - do we integrate our applications w the Microsoft AD - how to best present it to our end users .. Would love…Continue
Hi,We are exploring options for APM (Application Performance Management) tool for our Core Financial Application. Any one who have deployed this tool do let me. We are evaluating multiple products on…Continue
Dear AllI am evaluating office 365 solution.Can you share your experience and views how beneficiary it for Manufacturing(Chemical) industry ? also if some friends ahas already used it than what are…Continue
Dear All,Am planning to go for Video Conferencing for my orgnaisation. Could you please advise which Hardware/Software solution would be best on 1 Mb Internet connectivity on both ends. ThanksRupesh…Continue
My Dear CIO FriendsIn any chapter of life, there is always going to be an ending or break. Hence, there is always going to be a time to say goodbye. We all know that these moments tend to be dramatic…Continue
EA has had lots of work on it and maybe its time that is was regulated . Its purpose and potential to change of influence change touching on how business manage revenue lines or lines of business…Continue
by Amarinder Singh Added December 26, 2011 at 5:36pm
by Amarinder Singh Added December 26, 2011 at 3:50pm
by Tapan 'Ananta' Garg Added November 1, 2011 at 11:02am
by Tapan 'Ananta' Garg Added November 1, 2011 at 10:47am
by Tapan 'Ananta' Garg Added November 1, 2011 at 10:13am 1 Comment
by Amarinder Singh Added April 9, 2011 at 7:01pm
by Tapan 'Ananta' Garg Added September 6, 2010 at 10:38am
by Tapan 'Ananta' Garg Added August 12, 2010 at 2:26pm